Wednesday 27 April 2016

Oat Protein Bars & Oat Truffle Balls

Hello! Its the holidays and what better time than now to get some baking in! Since I am away from home its hard to stick to my normal routine of getting up and going to the gym at 6:00am. As well as this I am surrounded by some not some healthy chocolates, biscuits, etc. There have been times where it has been very hard to resist but you know what its the holidays and I want to enjoy them and not be a down buzz because I am restricting myself too much. The temptations can be hard especially if there are no healthy options to go to instead and because chocolate is my weak spot I thought I'd better make a healthy alternative so I wouldn't feel guilty. 


These were super easy and super quick to make and even my dad likes them! (He is my hardest food critique along with my brother). I originally made the bars and because they disappeared quicker than I expected I decided to make a different version which is the truffle balls with nearly the exact ingredients. 


Ingredients - Bars

2 cups oats
10 soft dates
2 Tbsp chocolate protein powder
1 Tbsp cacao powder
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla  essence
1/4 cup water*
pinch of salt



Bars 

Soak your dates in some water making sure that they are all covered and leave them to sit for 10-15mins while you gather all the other ingredients. 
Add the oats to a food processor and process for a minute before adding all the other ingredients. 
Process until all the ingredients are evenly combined then transfer to a baking sheet. 
Add another baking sheet of equal size over top of the mixture and roll it out as thick as you would like. 
Then transfer to the freezer to allow the mix to harden.
Remove from the freezer and remove the baking paper. 
cut into bars and place back in the freezer. 
*I used 1/4 cup of water to soak my dates in so I used this water in the mixture.

Chocolate
In a saucepan melt 1/2 cup of coconut oil.
Once it has melted add in 1 tsp vanilla essence, 2-3 Tbsp cacao powder (to taste), and 1 heaped tsp mesquite powder.

Remove the bars from the freezer.
Using a fork place one bar at a time into the pot of chocolate and make sure it is fully covered.
Continue to do this with the rest of the bars.

Store in the refrigerator.


Ingredients - Truffles
1 1/2 cups oats
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
8 soaked dates
1/4 cup water
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 Tbsp organic plum jam




 Truffle Balls

Add all the ingredients to a food processor and process/pulse until combined and sticking together.
Roll into balls.
Cover in chocolate. (Recipe above)
Super Easy!

Store in the refrigerator.


There are super quick and easy and you can add all different kinds of ingredients such as goji berries, coconut, pumpkin seeds, maple syrup, different flavoured essences, dried fruit, etc...



No comments:

Post a Comment